Purpose of the job
The Finance Director EMEA (FD) plays a key leadership role within the organization and is responsible for a smooth financial operation in EMEA, including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
This position is committed to excellence and ethics and a high sense of urgency and meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. The FD provides guidelines to the finance and accounting team and the (local entities) controllers on accounting & reporting and works closely together with the business controllers.
Business Decision Support
Build and provide recommendations on business decision support in areas such as:
• Product/customer pricing;
• Product/asset utilization and/or rationalization;
• Integration of new acquired business in North America;
• Working Capital Management;
• Capital Expenditure analysis & management;
• Lead financial analysis for monthly and quarterly meetings;
• Accounting for contractual purchase and sales arrangements;
• Manage departmental results, budgets and forecasts for the segment;
• Streamline business processes and back-office operations;
• Manage and analyse the flow of data between different users of data to provide timely information;
• Assist in assessing and integrating new initiatives for the Finance organization;
• Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy;
• Collaborating with management to create funding strategies.
• Oversee and prepare the timely and accurate delivery of financial- & management reporting of EMEA entities;
• Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective and efficient financial controls including controlled accounting processes;
• Ensure that financial controls and practices are and remain compliant;
• Facilitate regular updates and monitoring of internal control documentation;
• Coordinate internal control testing;
• Provide insightful financial analyses and engage leadership to drive strategic decision making;
• Manage Tax and general compliance;
• Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
• Responsible for all accounting policy matters, including making recommendations for change as needs arise, and ensuring the Company stays up to date on required reporting practices and disclosures;
• Financial backbone that supports the commercial aspects of the business, product margin analysis, pricing decisions, make or buy decisions, product/asset rationalization, working capital management, capital projects, contractual arrangements, negotiations, etc.;
• Monitoring spending track key performance indicators.
• prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
• Coordinate month-end and quarter end close process;
• Facilitate quarterly and year end External Audit process;
• Responsible for all consolidated monthly management reporting including preparation of reports for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
• Collaborate with senior management and IT to continuously drive improvements in corporate and divisional financial reporting processes;
• Establish policies in conjunction with corporate standards.
• Clearly communicate their goals and objectives and key results to their teams to foster alignment and team focus;
• provide constructive performance feedback to their reports. They help identify problem areas, and they work with individuals to investigate their causes;
• Setting clear performance objectives for individual workers helps them stay accountable to the rest of the team.